TERMS & CONDITION:
read all rules and regulations below carefully before submitting
your project. This agreement pertains to all work/s submitted to the
Documentary Filmmakers World Festival (the Festival).
submitting your documentary to the Documentary Filmmakers World
Festival (the Festival), you are agreeing to all TERMS AND
CONDITIONS below in full.
submitter acknowledges that he or she has obtained all necessary
rights and authorizations from other individuals and third parties
as necessary before submitting his/her film/s to the Festival.
2. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been
legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the
submitter releases the Festival and all its members, affiliates, and
partners from any legal action whatsoever.
3. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or
DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length,
and director's name. Please mark your envelope and shipping
documents with "Not for commercial use - For Cultural Purposes
3.B) Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 3A through
courier/post/professional transfer service. We do not accept data
for final judging and screening. We do not receive downloads of any
4. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our
possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen
loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals.
5. Student submitter should be able to show his/her valid Student ID
upon request by the Festival. Failure to do so will lead to
disqualification, and the Festival has no obligation to refund the
submission fee under these circumstances.
6. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance)
to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne
by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not
for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to
refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
7. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
8. All submission fees are non-refundable.
9. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
10. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at
the award ceremony.
11. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning
filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony will only receive
12. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have
accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and
reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity
purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not
be used for such purposes after the Festival.
13. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be
screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning
films to be screened.
14. The Festival Management may deny participation to any film
unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of
15. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in
regulations or scheduling.
16. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
17. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any
reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
18. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications
with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so
may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication
process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or
nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with
the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that
Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other
19. The festival has the right to work with any institution and
partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint
events or promotions.
20. The documentary film submitted could be from any year.
21. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in
the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to
circumstances beyond his/her control.
22. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of
any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
23. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Festival
shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent
courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of
submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the
lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting
submitting to our the Documentary Filmmakers World Festival,
submitter/filmmaker agree to indemnify us and hold us and our
employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims
and liability associated with your participation or entry to the
Festival. Submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that he or she has
read, understood, agreed with, and will comply all of the Terms and
Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein,
in their entirety, without modification, and that he or she is 18
years of age or older and mentally competent to submit this
festival of the season will start in the third week of September
- Winning films will be screened at our partner institutions based
on juriesí selection, censorship, and technical requirement.
- Juries will choose one overall winner and gives Diamond, Platinum,
and Gold Award.
- All winners and accepted filmmakers and members are welcome at
- The festival will grant statue to the overall winner at the Awards
Night. Regardless of their winning status, winning filmmakers who
canít attend the Awards Night will only receive their laurels
accordingly. Winners who attend the festivals will receive their
nicely framed certificates of achievement accordingly.
- During the festival, we will have Awards Day, filmmakers
gathering, and press conference. All winning filmmakers, mass media,
government bodies, and celebrities are invited.